Thursday, July 7, 2011

Our Fourth of July

We had two new recruits for shucking corn this year!


The day's menu consisted of  watermelon, kid-shucked corn-on-the-cob (which is way better than adult-shucked corn-on-the-cob, in case you were wondering), barbecue chicken, baked beans, and flag cake.  There may also have been root beer floats made from the Root Beer Party Keg from Costco.  
I can neither confirm nor deny this. 


Of course, the slippy slide and blow up pool were out and the kids played in it most of the day.


Then we had a few fireworks to watch.

I can't believe I let my kids hold fire.   


It was a late night for my normally-early-to-bedders.


Sophie even let it slip that she was "pretty tired, Grandma".  


But it was a special night.  And we all slept in the next morning... 


If you call 7 am on the dot sleeping in. 


And just for the record, I don't.
(Yawn.)

5 comments:

Meghan said...

Looks like a fun day! Wish we were closer... we would have loved to join you!

Dana said...

Ditto to Meghan's comment!

Unknown said...

Either do I! But it looks like it was worth it!

Christina said...

Yes, for the record, I don't either! :) It looks like such a fun day!
By the way, somebody-else-altogether-shucked-corn is pretty good, too. heehee (And the germaphobe in me just doesn't think about the "somebody else" part, AT ALL!)

Lisa said...

looks fun! :) I need to try kid corn next year... lol