Monday, September 20, 2010

From Orange Chair to Doily Flair

I had an orange chair. 
A pleasantly quirky, orange child's chair. 
Darling as it was, it's 50 years old and needed a little makeover.


I read a blog called Trey and Lucy.
She does all kinds of wonderfully crafty things, like projects including

So I took inspiration and did this:


Sentimentality makes me a little sad that the orange is gone...
It was a chair I grew up seeing in the basement of my Nana and Papa's house in the Carmel woods. 
But I think this little chair turned out so sweet and girly!

This will go in Dee's big-girl room
(how can she be ready for that already??).


I could have sanded the edges and roughed it up here and there.
But I'm pretty sure Dee will do a fine job of that herself,
along with a little help from her siblings!

14 comments:

Alice said...

Fabulous! It's a great shape and you made it look even sweeter!

Lisa said...

WOW! Great job!

Buckeroomama said...

Oh, I love how it turned out! Your kids are so lucky to have you for a mommy! :)

McVal said...

Wow! That turned out so cute! I've got a little bench like that that was my aunts when she was little. I've painted it for use as a bookshelf, but it's been a while. That is such a cute idea!

Muthering Heights said...

That is sooooo cute! You did a great job!

Blooming Mama said...

Oh Spray Paint, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways..... So adorable!

Christina said...

That is totally darling!
I have to say, my oldest daughter would have loved the original. :)
You did an awesome job, though.

Diana Ferguson said...

Too cute!!!

Meghan said...

Way to go, Mama! Looks so great!!

Lois Christensen said...

Looks adorable and you still have the memories from when it was orange!

golonghorns said...

Oh my goodness! I have a chair fetish and I will be looking for some thrifty find to try this out on. Yours turned out too perfect and I love the lines on it. How fun it was a family peice with new life breathed into it.

Catherine Anne said...

I LOVE it!!!

Christina said...

I just wanted to say thank you so much for stopping by! :)

Relyn Lawson said...

I wish you could hear my squeal from here. I am squealing - literally. I LOVE this!