Monday, March 28, 2011

Fixations

I'm still drawn to photographing our rain boots.  I don't know what it is about them!  


My amazing friend and photographer, Roxann gave me this idea to pop the boots.  I think I love it.


{Hi Roxy!! ♥}

Maybe I'm loving rain boots right now because they are supposed to get dirty.


We don't have to worry about them.


We slip 'em on, kick 'em off and never think a thing about them.


I'm also kinda obsessed with this:


She takes my breath away.  
Sometimes I look at her and I just know with certainty that God is going to do great things through her.  It makes my breath catch in my throat...this holy God of wonders we serve.


Recently I've also become preoccupied with the sky.  I love clouds.  
I think I know why.  My ultimate fixation, Jesus, is mentioned in connection with clouds in the bible a time or two...
I watch for Him...is that silly?  Maybe.  But that's okay.  Child-like faith is okay.  After all, as it is written in Matthew 24:42 Jesus himself said "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come". 


At that time people will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory.  Mark 13:26

After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 1 Thessalonians 4:17

“Look, he is coming with the clouds,” and “every eye will see him, even those who pierced him”; and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.” So shall it be! Amen. Revelation 1:7

8 comments:

Christina said...

This makes me think of the song that goes "Behold he comes! Riding on the clouds..." I love that! I look forward to heaven so much.
Thank you for your wonderful comment...your words always bring me a great deal of joy. :)

grandma2vja said...

giggle giggle ... I love the boots! They did pop! Don't you just love playing with new ideas! Your clouds are "heavenly". I'm lovin' my camera candy! Now if I could just get that baby boy to open his eyes for a photo session! Patience...he'll grow into the idea!

McVal said...

I can see why she mesmerizes you! She's a beauty and yep, I think God has great plans for her.

Jackie said...

I love the boots and the sky too. And your sweet girl is a beauty for sure!! Glad to be back for a visit...it's been awhile!

Jackie

Lisa said...

love the pics, love the words

Christina said...

I wanted to tell you that your comment made me laugh! It made me think of Dumb and Dumber, which you are probably a better person than I am and never saw that ridiculous movie. :) But if you did then maybe you know what I mean. :)

Unknown said...

I don't think it's silly at all. : )

Love those eye-popping boots!

Dandy said...

Child-like faith- I love that.

I also love those rain boots- so cute!! I always want a pair but I don't really have a use for them around here.