Saturday, March 12, 2011

Garden Girl


Spring is making it's way into our backyard.


This is our persimmon tree.



Jeff and Grace planted some vegetables today.



Chinese leeks, radishes, turnips and zucchini.


The swiss chard from last summer made it all the way through the winter.


Grace the other day: "Mom I just ask so many questions because I want to be a scientist and I need to know everything".  Yep.


This is our Fruit Splash tree given to us by Kristen for Christmas.
It will have nectarines, peaches and apricots.





Here's the little scientist learning about roots


and collecting rocks.


Of course, scientists can be goofy too you know.







5 comments:

Meghan said...

Oh Gracie. I love her! She's such a beautiful girl! And I can't believe she's wearing shorts and a tee... it's still freezing and raining up here! Boo:(

Unknown said...

I love your budding scientist. The world is a much better place with her in it!

And a persimmon tree??!! Neat!

McVal said...

I'm so jealous of your warm weather! and smart kids!!! You'll have to keep us informed on that fruit splash tree. That sounds really cool.

Dana said...

Fruit Splash Tree! I have never heard of such a thing...but I LOVE it. Don't think it would grow up here though. :(

Dandy said...

The scientist comment is hilarious!

That tree will have all those fruit?

What do you do with your chard?