Friday, March 6, 2009

My New Maytag

For the last four years, our dishwasher has been the bane of my existence. It was installed by the builder, which (for those of you who may not know the significance of this) means it's basically a box with a garden hose attached to it. It's only apparent function (other than to create noise as loud as the space shuttle launch) was to take the food from the dishes below and deposit it (in soggy sediment form) on the dishes above. I can't tell you what fun it was to open the dishwasher after a completed cycle and remove glasses with cemented-on food sand. It was gross. It was disgusting. To invoke an old elementary school days saying, it was "grody to the max".
After it started making noises similar to a dying cow, I just knew that was our cue to go buy a new dishwasher! Here is Jay & Bug having a little fun before installing it:
We did our first load. Aside from being whisper-soft, it actually performed it's inherent function! We opened up the door and the dishes were clean! Now I may be getting carried away here, but the dishes appeared to gleam! I actually saw a sparkle flash off one of the glasses like you might see on an actor's teeth in a commercial for toothpaste. I think I even heard the high pitched "ting" chime that accompanies that sparkle....

1 comment:

Dana said...

I know just what you mean! I can't stand opening the dishwasher only to find my clean dishes "chunked"and wet! When we bought our house, I was so excited after washing the first load! It was soooo quiet,(we wondered if it was working!) and the dishes were sparkling clean! Nothing like it! Enjoy! :-)