My universe is all kooky over here. Get this:
I keep entering blog giveaways....
...and I keep winning them.
The streak can't last much longer,
but while it does,
I'm having so much fun!
I sit at my front window, waiting for the mailman.
I peek through the blinds,
my breath leaving a circle of fog on the glass,
I giggle madly, and rub my hands together wickedly.
Once he leaves, I grab the mail keys
and run wildly to the box.
It's sick. Really sick.
I won a mini-prize from My Country Blog of This and That.
I wasn't sure what it was going to be and I was
so pleasantly surprised to receive 4 wee jar candles.
We don't even know each other but somehow
she knew I adore the scents of autumn!
Aren't they charming? Bug chose the one we lit for dinner. Spiced Apple! Delicious!
Look at this incredible gem:
I won it from Tammy at Country Girl at Home.
It's so fantastic!
The craftsmanship is perfection
and the design and finish is so utterly country.
I stole this photo from Tammy's website because
(I finally decided--
it's going in our foyer--
it's the perfect spot for it!)Thank you Tammy!
Then I won a book from Multiples and More,
one of my favorite websites.
glad to have it in my possession.
Because obviously, my twins aren't going to learn
a stitch of emotionally healthy behavior from their mother.
Thank you Lani & Amanda! My twins will be sending you
thank you notes when they grow up and realize
what peril their lives were in before I got this book!
Now for the catching up.
A while back, Judi at Bentley Boutique
tagged me in a fun game.
Here's the game:
Go to the place on your computer where you store photos.
Go into the oldest folder and post the first picture.
This is it:
We are at Rio del Mar beach. Jay had just been
baptized in the ocean. It was an amazing
moment for Jay and for all of us.
Thanks Judi for including me in a fun game!
Yelena at June Daisies passed on an award to me:Thank you Yelena!
I am to list 10 things about myself that you may not know.
1) When I was little, I shoved a carrot up my nose so I wouldn't have to eat it. I had to go to the hospital. I got a stuffed bunny out of it, and I didn't have to eat the carrot. Mission accomplished.
2) I failed my first driver's license test. But I'm a very good driver!
3) I gained 65 pounds when I was pregnant with the twins. I had to eat every 2 hours or I felt like I hadn't eaten in 4 score and 7 years. The hunger woke me up in the middle of the night even. I'd scurry (like only a pregnant girl can scurry) down to the kitchen and guzzle Carnation Instant Breakfast.
4) My mother grew up in Carmel, CA. Lucky lady.
5) I don't like soda of any kind.
6) When I was little, I wanted to grow up and be a model, a farmer, a veterinarian and a giraffe.
7) I drive a Toyota Sienna and I love it more than any other car I've ever owned. Yes. I embrace the minivan!
8) I am very worried about the environment.
9) I ran track and cross country from 7th grade to junior college.
10) If I don't sleep enough, I'm debilitated by vertigo and headaches the next day....